Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Verizon stock takes hit on $50 billion lawsuit

captainplooky

May 16, 2006, 6:59 AM
Verizon stock takes hit on $50 billion lawsuit

Lawsuit asks Verizon and government to end phone snooping and seeks $1,000 for each of phone company's 50 million customers.

May 15, 2006: 12:01 PM EDT

NEW YORK (CNN) - A lawsuit is asking a federal court to order President Bush, the National Security Agency and Verizon to end a secret snooping program, and Verizon's stock took a hit on the news Monday.

Verizon (down $0.36 to $31.43, Research) stock fell more than 1 percent on the New York Stock Exchange early Monday.

The suit, filed Friday by two New Jersey lawyers on behalf of all Verizon subscribers, contends the phone records collection - first reported by USA Today on Thursday - violates the Constitutional...
(continues)
beyond

May 16, 2006, 9:35 AM
It appears plooky that you are the one on a fishing expedition. THIS IS NOT VERIZON WIREELESS!!!!

"Mayer said the information, only collected from landline subscribers"

I think you are just a little bit 👀
xIsamuTM

May 16, 2006, 1:49 PM
you know what we need is a "de de dee" smilie.
beyond

May 16, 2006, 1:51 PM
🤣
captainplooky

May 16, 2006, 2:42 PM
Oh, you see, I was under the impression they were both a part of Verizon Communications. Oh they are, I see...

I guess when the President and his cronies first spoke of this program and they adamantly claimed that no domestic calls were being maintained in a database that made you feel safe and secure because he and his ilk said so.

Only thing is, they lied again. They got caught again. Now, they won't comment on an "ongoing investigation", yet there was no hesitation to comment on it earlier before the domestic component was widely known.

I guess stories like this don't really concern you because you believe what your told without questioning it.

I guess things like At&t's Daytona Database

http://www.research.att.com/viewP »...
(continues)
beyond

May 16, 2006, 2:45 PM
Actually, Verizon Communications only owns 60% of Verizon wireless.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.